[TYPO3] timtab - recurring array_merge errors

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 27 12:06:24 CET 2007

Hi all

I have had a number of problems with setting up timtab in combination with
ve_guestbook and tt_news - several people have been helping me debug, and
thanks to them it is now working.

I have now come across another problem, but I am not competent enough with
php to understand what is happening.

(All the errors I have had so far with timtab have been associated with
similar array_merge errors. I actually am quite ignorant of what that means,
so if someone has the patience to explain it in plain English, I would
appreciate it - it may help me avoid the error in the future.)

In the meantime - every time I save something from Web>Page or Web>Template
it gives me the following error, and yet it seems to save ok - should I be
concerned with the error, or will it all be ok?

After installing static_info for timtab_closecomments, timtab_sociable and
timtab_embeddedvideo, I got the following array_merge error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array
in /home/deafhub/public_html/typo3conf/ext/timtab/class.tx_timtab_be.php on
line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at
/home/deafhub/public_html/typo3conf/ext/timtab/class.tx_timtab_be.php:134)
in /home/deafhub/public_html/typo3/alt_doc.php on line 1458

The relevant section in
/home/deafhub/public_html/typo3conf/ext/timtab/class.tx_timtab_be.php:134 is
as follows (line 134 is actually the second last line.

/**

           * initializes the configuration for the extension as we need the
TS setup

           * like blog title and timeouts for trackback in the BE, too

           *

           * @return     void

           */

          function init() {

                   //we need to get the plugin setup to create correct
source URLs

                   $template =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_tsparser_ext');                  // Defined
global here!

                   $template->tt_track = 0;
// Do not log time-performance information

                   $template->init();

                   $sys_page = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_pageSelect');

                   $rootLine = $sys_page->getRootLine($this->pid);

                   $template->runThroughTemplates($rootLine);
// This generates the constants/config + hierarchy info for the template.

                   $template->generateConfig();

                   $this->conf = array_merge(

                             $template->setup['plugin.']['tx_timtab.'],

                             $template->setup['plugin.']['tx_timtab_pi2.']

                   );

          }

Thanks in advance

Cate