[TYPO3] How to open RTE image links in lightbox (using extension perfectlightbox/slimbox) ?

Tadej Bregar Tadej.Bregar at guest.arnes.si
Sun Nov 25 20:36:58 CET 2007

Hello,

in tt_news record I want to use slimbox functionality provided by
extension perfeclightbox. For images inserted in the "Images" part of
the tt_news record input form, everything is working OK, but I have an
additional requirement.
I want to use slimbox functionality also for images inserted as inline
objects using RTE (rtehtmlarea) inside the main "Text" part.

To clarify, in RTE I click "Insert/Modify Image", I choose a thumbnail I
prepared before, then I mark that thumbnail and click "Make link", then
I choose "file" and from the directory tree I choose the big version of
the same photograph. Now, If I want to open the bigger photo in FE with
activated slimbox functionality, I have to manually edit the source code
in RTE and add rel="lightbox" to the "a" tag, which represents the link
to the big photo from the thumbnail. The problem is, the editor of this
website will not dare to touch the source code.

How can I automate the insertion of rel="lightbox" when making links to
images in RTE?

By examining the tt_news, perfectlightbox and TSref manual I somehow
found out that I should use the "ATagParams = rel="lightbox" " somehow,
but I have no clue how to really use this TypoScript declaration.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Tadej Bregar