[TYPO3] Users don't speak "Default"

Lucas Birk tlist at birkit.com
Fri Nov 23 13:34:14 CET 2007

Hello Everyone,
I have two site in one tree: a .de and a .com. Each has the root flag
set and it's own template. The default languages of the two sites are
different: .de has a default of German & .com has a default of English.
My problem comes when I try to show News records on the .com site: In
the default column the pages show content records from (you guessed it)
the default column which, in my case is German not English. If a record
does have a translation to English the default is still shown; only when
the English flag is clicked do I see English.
Is there some config that I can do to force TYPO3 to show me records
from a language overlay if that language overlay exists? I guess thats
what clicking the flag does but it' not practical in this case.
Thank you,
Lucas.