[TYPO3] first steps in extension progging

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:35:54 CET 2007

T.M.Snyder schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> i have made a simple extension for to getting started.
> All dates are saved as timestamp.
> Whenn I see all my records in the BE, the date is displayed as timestamp.
> Ok, I can understand that, because it's in the db like this.
>
> How can I achieve, that the timestamp from the db is shown as formatted date
> in the BE record listing?
>
> Thanks
> T.

what kind of type did you gave this field?
using the kickstarter to create the field you can assign the types
'date' or 'date and time'. each will result in a configuration in
tca.php where the BE gets the information from for displaying, formating
and verifying of the fields.

example:
"mydate" => Array (
             "exclude" => 1,
             "label" =>
"LLL:EXT:sl_jobs/locallang_db.xml:tx_myext_mytab.mydate",
             "config" => Array (
                 "type" => "input",
                 "size" => "8",
                 "max" => "20",