[TYPO3] Cannot use string offset as an array in lang.php

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Nov 16 08:18:17 CET 2007

Hi!

Celso Reeks wrote:
> I ran into a strange problem in the Typo3 backend.  For some strange
> reason, now when I try to add content in the "TV Page" module I get a
> blank page with this error:
>
> +++++++++
>
> Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in
> /home/path/path/typo3_src-4.1.1/typo3/sysext/lang/lang.php on line 280
>
> +++++++++

According to the code in lang.php it means that you are trying to use a language that does not exist or is not loaded into typo3. The line in question is:

if (strcmp($LOCAL_LANG[$this->lang][$index],'')) {

so if "$this->lang" is set no something non-existing, you will get this error.

Are you sure you did not delete any BE language records recently?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/