[TYPO3] ImageMagick Problems

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:50:46 CET 2007

Stephen Bungert schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the Windows installer for TYPO3 with everything
> included. The install tool says all the time that ImageMagick can not be
> found. On basic configuration when I submit the path to image magick it
> finds it and says everything is ok. But this doesn't seem to be saved,
> whenever I go to Image Processing in the install tool or click on basic
> configuration again the information about image magick isn't there anymore.

Look wether teh information is really saved.

if it is saved ther should be a line with
	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX][im_path]='...';
in the file
	/typo3conf/localconf.php

on unix-systems normaly missing common rights between webserver-user
(apache) and ftp-user will show this result. (no common group)

on windows-systems it easily can be a missing symbol-link.
while on unix-systems some dirs are just linked, on windows-system they
have to be copied. but while changing files in a linked dir changes teh
file on every way, the copied files are all differnt and changing in one
  file doesn't change them in the copy.

I don't know which files and directories are copied for windows, just
look for different versions of localconf.php.

Maybe you can get a better help in news://typo3.install.windows

Bernd