[TYPO3] Typo3 Install permissions on Linux

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:27:23 CET 2007

Heya

I downloade Source with Dummy site ZIP 4.1.3. What are the exact best
permissions security wise for the folders and files?
1. I read install.txt within the zip file - states that I have to set
777 or 755 to /typo3temp, /typo3/temp/, /typo3conf/localconf.php
2. I read typo3 security cookbook 0.5, the section for File System
Rights defines:
- Revoke all write privileges for the webserver account to typo3_src
folder. How do I learn whats the webserver account? What are exact
permission for this folder?
- set ownership and umask in htdocs to appropriate values (differs for
the various subdirectories). Where do I learn what do I need to set
for each folder and it's subdirectories?

I have dealt with Windows with indepth folder settings, Windows 2003
Server and XP, while on Linux, I have used Fantastico so far to deploy
it.

Can someone advise or point to a document to read? I wasnt able to
find one which gives exact rundown of the folder permissions which. I
would love to set Typo3 properly manually and have thesecurity
tighten.

Thanks

Best,
Darko