[TYPO3] repeat first level title in second level

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Nov 14 00:51:11 CET 2007

> I go for the most easiest way (LOAD_REGISTER)!
> But performance is also very important actually. What do you suggest?
> Can you please give me an example how to do this?

Try this one:

obj.tabmenu = HMENU
obj.tabmenu {
    special = list
    special.value = 6,5,4,3,2,15,16
    wrap = <ul id="nav">|</ul>
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
        expAll = 1
        noBlur = 1
        NO = 1
        NO {

            before.cObject = LOAD_REGISTER
            before.cObject {
                parentTitle.cObject = TEXT
                parentTitle.cObject.field = subtitle // title
            }
            stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
            ATagTitle.field = subtitle // title
            wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
        }
        ACT < .NO
    }
    2 = TMENU
    2 {
        expAll = 1
        wrap = <ul>|</ul>
        noBlur = 1
        NO {
            stdWrap.dataWrap = {register:parentTitle}:&#32;|
            stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
            ATagTitle.field = subtitle // title
            ATagTitle.dataWrap = {register:parentTitle}:&#32;|
            wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
        }
        ACT < .NO
        ACT {
            wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act">|</li>
        }
        IFSUB < .NO
        IFSUB {
            wrapItemAndSub = <li class="ifsub">|</li>
        }
        ACTIFSUB < .NO
        ACTIFSUB {
            wrapItemAndSub = <li class="actifsub">|</li>
        }
    }
}

I streamlined the setup a bit since the wraps and other stuff looked quite
similar to me.
the dataWrap section is just an example to get something like
Parent Title: Child Title
Feel free to modify it however you like.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de