[TYPO3] Novice: TCA select box with other column than the 'uid'

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 16:50:14 CET 2007

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers [typo3] wrote:
> The problem is that I get a drop down list with parish UID and not
> its column 'name'. I tried changing the setting 'label' in
> ext_tables.php but it has no effect on the drop down list.
>
> How should I get this? It's surely trivial but I cannot find it in
> the documentation. The only thing I find is defining a userFunc to
> create the list of items, which is, I think, a too complicated way
> achieving this goal.
>
> Any help?

Not sure what label you changed... Add "label" to "ctrl" section of "tx_masscalendar_parishes" and clear cache in typo3conf. Then you should get correct labales in select. More details here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/4/2/#id3613137

By the way, "eval" property does not exist for "select" elements. You can remove it from your "parish" column. And better use single quotes as double quotes are many times slower in PHP than single quotes.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/