[TYPO3] newbie trouble - template

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 10:36:02 CET 2007

Hi!

List User wrote:
> Somehow I learned that I need to install templavoila for using
> templates like andreas01 etc. But the doc of templavoila said, i must
> read futuristic template building before I can start. But futuristic
> template building document says, i must read modern template building
> part 1 at least to go ahead.

If you want quickly up and running web site, you can go ahead directly with andreas01 or andreas09.

FTB explains you how to work with TV (=templavoila) if you need to map template manually. MTB part 1 explains bits about TypoScript templates. You do not really need MTB but you may wish to read FTB *after* you played with andreasXX and typo3.

> Is it that i must study these 3 huge manuals before I can build a
> nice looking website using typo3, similar to the ones build by my
> friends using other content management systems? I read the official
> typo3 book, but it wont help me with professional looking web site
> design.

That book is more useful for those, who already completed "beginner" phase. You may want to look to this book instead:
http://typo3bloke.net/pages/book-reviews/book-mastering-typoscript/index.htm

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/