[TYPO3] newbie trouble - template

List User listuser at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 14:18:04 CET 2007

Hi

I just installed typo3 on my debian machine and I would like to say that I am amazed by its power. I want to use typo3 for building my dept website. Very quickly i realised that the available static templates wont give me a professional looking website and i need better looking templates.

Somehow I learned that I need to install templavoila for using templates like andreas01 etc. But the doc of templavoila said, i must read futuristic template building before I can start. But futuristic template building document says, i must read modern template building part 1 at least to go ahead.

Is it that i must study these 3 huge manuals before I can build a nice looking website using typo3, similar to the ones build by my friends using other content management systems? I read the official typo3 book, but it wont help me with professional looking web site design.

Am i going wrong somewhere? Is there an easy/better approach?

Hoping to hear from you, who used typo3 much before me and learned it better,

with regards
suresh
India