[TYPO3] Cooluri - multilingual support -

Darko Jr. Gonzalez jkokino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:47:43 CET 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 10:24 AM, Darko Jr. Gonzalez <jkokino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks
>
> Question: I am reading the manual and there is: "Q: Value isn't
> translated OK. Instead of national characters I get dashes.
> A: The problem is with Debian server, that doesn't support iconv
> translit conversion very well. The way to fix this is replace all
> configuration.
> A2: Instead of sanitize use <t3conv>1</t3conv> at the same places
> sanitize would be used. And place it into the pagepath element as
> well. "
>
> I have a multilingual website, russian and english. Cyrillic letters
> web pagetitles for Russian and usual latin letters for English. I did
> sometesting and seems to work with
> <t3conv>1</t3conv>. I place <t3conv>1</t3conv> as a first record in
> <pagepath>. Right now I am testing and for all cyrillic letters and
> seems that it cannot covert properly
> "ј" and "њ". If either of these two is the last character, it is
> omitted; if it is somewhere in the middle of the name of the page it
> is replaced with "-". Anyone knows how to fix this?

Using the sticky option, when editing an already created translation,
I changed these that are wrong=untranslated. That fixes this. They
remain static, unless I choose to delete and recreate all of them in
the cooluri link manager's rightmost link.

Jan, to answer you question, how can I test/view how Typo3 converts
these characters?

Thanks

Darko