[TYPO3] Brute-forcing TYPO3 accounts

Christian Trabold christian.trabold at dkd.de
Fri Nov 9 16:28:13 CET 2007

Hi Tomas,

> One of the problems that I has recently been pondering about is how to
> prevent any attempts to brute-force TYPO3 accounts. As far as I know,
> TYPO3 doesn't have any internal mechanism of protection against such
> attacks.
> Is there anyone who...
> ...has been thinking about the same?

Yes!

I was also pondering about such security issues some weeks ago... You
may want to read the thread in the Core-List:

> ...knows about any attempts to handle such a problem in TYPO3?

Just as an idea: maybe it would make sense to integrate a tool like
fail2ban [1] with an AuthService.

> ...knows about any methods of protection against such attacks in general?

I think Fail2ban does this pretty well.

Greetings

Christian

[1] http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page