[TYPO3] tt_news archives

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Thu Nov 8 18:27:08 CET 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to create an archives page for tt_news. I have created the
page with the following options:

What to display: LIST

"Order by" this field (LIST & LATEST): Title:

Ascending or Descending (LIST & LATEST): Ascending

Category mode: Show all (don't care about selection below)

Category selection:

Use subcategories: Defined by TypoScript

Archive setting (for LIST): SHOW ARCHIVED

Startingpoint: Mypage

Recursive: Infinite

Now this will correctly display tt_news items in the Mypage branch that
have an archive date prior to the current date. However, if no archive
date is specified, then it also displays on the archives page. If I
alter a tt_news item and set the archive date to be 31-12-2030, then it
no longer appears on the archives page. However, there must be a better
solution than manually editing each tt_news item.

I tried datetimeDaysToArchive = 5000 but that didn't help for the items
that have no archive date.

Thoughts?