[TYPO3] Different HTML templates depending on optional right column

Rickard Andersson rickard.andersson+typo3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:20:05 CET 2007

Thanks a LOT for the help, but it just won't work. Here's what I have now:

temp.mainTemplate = COA
temp.mainTemplate {
 10 = COA
 10 {
   if.isTrue.numRows < styles.content.getRight
   10 = TEXT
   10.value = fileadmin/template/2col.html
 }
 20 = COA
 20 {
   if.isFalse.numRows < styles.content.getRight
   10 = TEXT
   10.value = fileadmin/template/1col.html
 }
}

I believe you squeezed in an extra } or two in your last post, but
I've verified that the above works by doing something like:

marks.SOME_MARK < temp.mainTemplate

This replaces the mark with the correct HTML template file to load.
However, whenever I try to actually use it, I get a blank page. In
other words:

temp.mainContent = TEMPLATE
temp.mainContent {
 template.file < temp.mainTemplate

 marks.HEADER_1 = TEXT
 marks.HEADER_1.field = title
 marks.MAIN_CONTENTS < styles.content.get
 marks.RIGHT_CONTENTS < styles.content.getRight
}

Yields a blank page. I've tried adding

template.file = FILE

before assigning the value of temp.mainTemplate, but it won't work.
Any idea what might be wrong?

Cheers,
Rickard