[TYPO3] Different HTML templates depending on optional right column

Rickard Andersson rickard.andersson+typo3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:43:46 CET 2007

Howdy,

I'm trying to setup my TypoScript to use different HTML templates
depending on whether the page has any content in the right column or
not. In essense, what I want is to use 2col.html if the page has
anything in the right column and 1col.html if it doesn't. I found
something relating to this at typo3wizard.com, but I can't make any
sense out of it:

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/content-comments.html?no_cache=1&tx_rfcontentcomments_pi1%5Bcontentuid%5D=293

Here's a shortened version of what I have today:

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
 template = FILE
 template.file = fileadmin/template/2col.html

 marks.HEADER_1 = TEXT
 marks.HEADER_1.field = title
 marks.MAIN_CONTENTS = TEXT
 marks.MAIN_CONTENTS < styles.content.get
 marks.RIGHT_CONTENTS = TEXT
 marks.RIGHT_CONTENTS < styles.content.getRight
}

Can anyone instruct me how to adapt this to load 1col.html in case
styles.content.getRight is empty?

Cheers,
Rickard