[TYPO3] sr_feuser_register: trying to have 2 edit screens

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 3 18:20:55 CET 2007

Hi Johannes,

> Sounds like a validation problem for me.

Well, obviously it is.

> Maybe you have some required fields that you don't display in the
> template, and you don't get
> informed what's happening because you have no error messages for them.

I have been investigating into sr_feuser_register. In particular I am
printing some stuff from inside tx_srfeuserregister_data::evalValues
() and I am puzzled. The method gets a list of the required fields,
which contains all the fields I defined in my TS setup plus
"username". Where is "username" coming from? I need to investigate
further.

After that first checks, evalValues() goes on to check the password
which is not displayed in my form. Quite obviously it chokes on it...
Apparently all fields defined in
plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.evalValues are checked, no matter
whether they appear in the form or no. If I empty this property,
evalValues() then just complains about the missing "username" field.

All this seems to point to some flaw in the validation process. I
will investigate further.

Cheers

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements