[TYPO3] tt_news - how to show the full news item?

Rob Jansen rob at myvoice.nl
Sat Nov 3 08:31:50 CET 2007

Hi,

I feel a bit stupid asking this - I guess the answer will be simple
(making me feel even more stupid ;-)

I have a fairly clean TYPO3 installation (4.1.3) with tt_news (2.5.0).
Followed the "Quick Start" section in the tt_news and created a page
with news items using the "What to display: LIST"

Now the news titles and the "more" text below the subheader show a link
with the same ID as the current page but clicking on this does not
change the view (yes: the address bar in the browser does show the new
link). I though I found a problem and started searching the net: there
are known problems with RealURI and some other plugins but these are not
installed (still, I tried to disable caching and more options I found on
the net).

After some playing around I discovered that the "What to display:
SINGLE" option does show the full news item so I did the following:

I added a second page with the news plugin to display "SINGLE" and set
that page type to "not in menu" using the page properties, set the
"starting point" in the news plugin on this page and the "PageId for
single news display" in the original news page to this ID.

Yes! Now things work (almost) as I expect: the new page is shown with
only that news-item.

But the question is if this is the way it is supposed to work?
Or have I just missed the ral solution which is in plain sight ...

Regards,

	Rob