[TYPO3] sys_language_softExclude not working for table "pages"? SOLVED

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue May 29 03:23:02 CEST 2007

Dear Sander,

thanks a lot for your solution, which works, as you told.

> I recently had the same problem and was able to solve it with the help of
> this list and T3 UG Dutch (post 19/5/2007 subject 'page:media in Alternative Page Language')

Oops, sorry, that I missed that, though it was right before my nose all
the time. Has to do with my brain just now filled with around 250 pages
from Typo3 books, online documentation and mailing list messages. All
the info isn't too well structured, at least in my brain ... which
hurts :-) .

> 	config.sys_language_softExclude = pages:media
>
> will not work because this works only for *content*, check the TSref for 'sys_language_overlay' at
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/7/3/
> It explicitely says "certain tables selected by the CONTENT cObject" (just a tiny rtfm :) , I missed it myself too)

This is a RTFM I really like and wanna see more around here:

- it has a working link to the right document and the right page therein
- it tells, _what_ to reread and _why_

So, gimme more of these!!!

> The solution is to go into the Configuration tool and find the current value for $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageOverlayFields']
> By default you will find this list: 'uid,title,subtitle,nav_title,keywords,media,description,abstract,author,author_email'
>
> Remove the 'media' entry from the list, then write the new list to localconf.php
>
> HTH,

Done and works! You definitely helped! Thanks again, Sander!

regards, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)