[TYPO3] Problems with cronjob!

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sat May 26 19:00:36 CEST 2007

Hi Claus,
> I have a cronjob running to send mails from CHC forum.
>
> It have been working fine until my site have been moved to another server.
>
> The command i'm running is:
>
> GET
> http://www.teamlillebaelt.dk/net/typo3conf/ext/chc_forum/mailer/mailer.php
>
> And the message i recieve is:
>
> /bin/sh: GET: command not found
>
> I don't know anything about this GET command. But I know that there are
> different commands used on different servers. Do anybody know anything
> about these commands - do they have a name ? Is it different languages
> for different kind of servers ? Can I read about this somewhere (for
> beginners).

GET is an alias for the perl script lwp-request coming bundled with the
famous and great PERL LWP module. But for triggering chc_forum mail you
don't need that really (and no PERL at all). Every text based browser
will do (e.g. lynx, links or wget), because your cron job does no more
than accessing the URL to the mailer.php script regularily thereby
triggering the mail sending as a side effect.

Have a look at the chc_forum manual

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/chc_forum/1.4.5/view/1/4/#id2765653

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___
| + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

              (Delete .nospam from mail address)