[TYPO3] RealURL - Simulate Subdirectories

John D. Shull clfcwebmaster at clfconline.com
Thu May 24 17:29:04 CEST 2007

Because it never hurts to ask...

Trying to apply RealURL to a church site with several sub-departments.
RealURL works great for base directory:

template: config.baseURL = http://www.domain.com/
localconf: 'rootpage_id' => '2'

Sub-departments are not nested in the base page's tree, but rather its
own main page with subpages.  Giving the sub-department's template the
configuration:
config.baseURL = http://www.domain.com/departmentdirectory/

does cause the links on these pages to generate the desired URL's:

(http://www.domain.com/departmentdirectory/page1.html)

but the Stylesheet information is lost and I'm still trying to configure
localconf to recognize 'departmentdirectory' properly.

Using TYPO3's RealURL configuration as a reference (
http://news.typo3.org/about/realurl-configuration/), I tried to
configure 'www.domain.com/departmentdirectory/' in a fashion similar to
how they configured the subdomain 'buzz.typo3.org' (with 'rootpage_id'
=> departmentdirectory_page_id) but with no success.

Granted there is a difference between a subdirectory and a subdomain.
In fact, most online RealURL examples I could find show treatment for
subdomains rather than subdirectories.  And yes, I'm trying to
comprehend the manual.

A push in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks.

JDS