[TYPO3] TIMTAB Questions - Trackback, RSS, & Webservices API

J.L. Reid jlreid at reidwrite.com
Wed May 23 16:34:37 CEST 2007

I have a test blog set up and everything seems to working fine.  To finish my
setup, though, I'd like to test some of TIMTAB's "advanced" features.

Trackbacks...
The manual talks about TBs, but only from the perspective of pinging other
blogs.  Searching in this mailing list's archives, I think I saw references
to TBs to your blog, and I believe they show up as comments on your blog.
However, I don't see any reference to a TB url or permalink url created by
the blog..  I tried creating a post within my test blog that links to a
view doesn't have a trackback comment in it.  So I must be missing something.

How do I get this aspect of TB working on my blog?

RSS
In my template record I've applied the static template for RSS for news items,
but I'm at a loss beyond this point.  I figured that this might create an rss
feed url for autodiscovery in my html code, but I don't see anything there.

What else do I have to do to create and display a working rss fee using
TIMTAB?

Metaweblog API
The manual briefly discusses using an external app to post to TIMTAB, but it
doesn't explain how to configure this service.  Does anyone have this
working?  If so, could you explain how to set this up?

Sorry for the long, multi-question, but I'd really love to finish my blog
setup and get everything working perfectly.

Thanks for any help/advice.

-JL