[TYPO3] T3 core2duo

Andreas Balzer typo3 at andreas-balzer.de
Wed May 23 11:44:04 CEST 2007

Michael Scharkow schrieb:
> Nagita Karunaratne wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anybody run multiple T3 accounts on an Intel Core2Duo E6400 (2.13GHZ)?
>>
>> If so was it sufficiently fast?
>
> If you don't have immense traffic, any CPU you can buy today will be
> sufficiently fast. Rather spend every penny on RAM than on CPU, as TYPO3
> needs memory more than computing power.
>
> Greetings,
> Michael

Hi!
My configuration is a desktop pc with XAMP. I only use it for heavy
development purposes (experimenting and extension coding in use with
benchmark systems to improve the performance of my code)

It has a core 2 duo 6600 and 2 GB OCZ DDR2 Ram (2x 1gb) on a Gigabyte
P965P-DS3 R1. Well I only can say that TYPO3 is able to run under heavy
benchmarks together with Dreamweaver (only about 3000 lines of code),
Fireworks (vector images with 6000x8000px), 5 instances of Firefox and a
television program on Windows Vista smoothly. There is no real problem
and the CPU has still some free percentages of power. (it goes up to 80%)

As I'm running my system with Windows Vista, you can be sure that Linux
will enable you to get much better results in the end. With about 95
tasks running in the background, Vista (especially Aero (hey, I have an
ASUS EAX 1950XTX :D )) is some kind of monster.. ;)

If you want I can give you more detailed information..

Andreas