[TYPO3] Extension to addq comments to a TYPO3 page ?

Mauro Lorenzutti - WEBFORMAT srl mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Wed May 23 09:04:16 CEST 2007

Hi Alex,
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an extension to allow some authenticated users to add
> comments ( a la blog) in a page.
>
> I don't want any fancy feature, BUT :
> - the authentication should be done by an existing network windows domain
> controller
> - the comments should be stored in a separate MSSQL DB with a data structure
> that I will define.
>
> Do you think this exists ?
>
> Actually, I think I could code the PHP to add/store/display comments, but
> I'd better not manage the authentication, and use something provided by
> TYPO3.

There are two extensions that you can use to provide to your FE users
the possibility to write comments to your pages: flexiblecomments and
sk_pagecomments. Both of this two extensions save the comments in the
TYPO3 db so, if you want to store the comments in a different db, you
may need to use DBAL.

Another possibility is to use the DB Integration (wfqbe) extension. This
extension allows you to connect to any db you need and to retrieve and
display data in your FE with an easy QBE wizard. It's also possible to
provide an insert form to allow your users to insert records in your
external db (also in this case it's available an easy wizard). I think
you can obtain what you need with this extension and without the need to
write any PHP code.

--
Best regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti