[TYPO3] Getting parent id in menu

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:37:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/22/07, Patxi Goitia <pgoitia at euskalnet.net> wrote:
> I repost a question of few days ago... It's a problem of shortcuted
> pages not inheriting 'caller' contants:
>
> ---
>
> Hi, I have this structure of pages
>
> Root
>    |___Part A
>    |     |______ News
>    |     |______ Recipes [Shortcut to "Common content\Recipes"]
>    |___Part B
>    |     |______ News
>    |     |______ Recipes  [Shortcut to "Common content\Recipes"]
>    |___Common content
>          |______ Recipes
>

> Part A and Part B have each a value defined in template\constant named
> BackgroundColor
>
> Can I specify in Common content\Recipes that value BackgroundColor is
> the callers (father) value ?
>
> Now, when I go to Part A\News or Part B\News, I have {$BackgroundColor}
> instead of having the color value for each 'father' page...

I'm not sure without testing, but I think there may be an easier way then:

1. You can use conditions in the constants field of TS templates
2. There is a nice condition called PIDinRootline that tests whether a
page is in the 'rootline' of a given page id (I'd give you a link, but
the TSref).

Try something like this--it should be simple enough to maintain as
long as there aren't dozens of pages where this needs to happen:

[PIDinRootline=1]
  constant = value1
[PIDinRootline=2]
  constant = value2