[TYPO3] A mess with the languages

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Mon May 21 03:39:29 CEST 2007

 Hy Sander;
> I have solved some similar problems by going into the db (phpMyAdmin) and simply changing de uid. I do not have a record for the default language as you do.
> So I would delete the record for spanish(uid=0), and update the records for en/de so their id's are 1 and 2.
>
> After this you will have to check all your alternative language records, they will most likely show [INVALID VALUE] in the Language selector.

 Okay, I did this, but it doesn't change anything, language-menu links
still assign PIDs without sense:

    index.php?id=28&L=0
    index.php?id=2&L=1
    index.php?id=3&L=2

 I mean, it should be clear that ID must allways be 28.

 So I looked up 'pages' in the phpMyAdmin, and voila, there was an old
site-tree with IDs from 1-27 (the new starts with 28) which I didn't see
in the 'List'.
 Then I deleted all those entries (they are dead anyway, and don't show
up anywhere), but ... it didn't changed anything.
 The language-menu is still generating IDs that make no sense.

 Any idea?

 Thanks
    Niels