[TYPO3] HMENU and entryLevel with multiple trees (top menu /left menu)

James Corell jcorell at e-p-c-s.com
Tue May 15 17:46:31 CEST 2007

There probably is a better solution, but I just don't know what that would
be. Ideally you could use regular HMENUs and TMENUs to build two separate
trees for menus, but what happens when you enter a different tree from the
one you are currently at? Your menus change to reflect your new position in
the hierarchy.

The easiest way I've found to handle this is to create 2 trees at the
rootline, one for the top menu and another for the left menu. Then, using
.special=directory, create menus. This allows content editors to create and
delete pages, and I don't have to edit the template every time they do.

James Corell
EPCS, 111 W. Mitchell St. Suite E, Gaylord, MI 49735
DSL for Businesses - Websites That Work!
jcorell at e-p-c-s.com www.e-p-c-s.com
989-732-1366 (fax 989-732-0893)