[TYPO3] Records from own extension in "insert record"

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 14 19:55:55 CEST 2007

>>> I am struggeling with the integration of records from my own plugin
>>> in the "insert records" element. I have
>>>
>>> t3lib_extMgm::allowTableOnStandardPages('my_extension_table');
>>> t3lib_extMgm::addToInsertRecords('my_extension_table');
>>>
>>> in my ext_tables.php. My records show up in the backend selector box
>>> and they get selected but there is no frontend output at all. I was
>>> trying to learn from tt_news but I just could not find the right
>>> way. Any hints?
>>
>> Did you already setup a frontend output for these records?
>> Some basic TypoScript or pure PHP from a frontend plugin?
>> Somehow TYPO3 has to be told what to do when rendering your records.
>>
> I thought so, but I didn't know where to hook on. It is PHP from a
> frontend plugin. So it all starts with the typical function
> main($content,$conf) ... I suppose I have to tell my class to render
> the content when called within the insert record element. But how?

Well - the "insert record" element is just inserting a record and the
rendering is done as usual. This means: As long as you didn't setup any
rendering for your element (be it PHP or TS or whatever), nothing will
appear.

What happens if you put something like:

return 'My Element';

into function main()?