[TYPO3] HMENU and entryLevel with multiple trees (top menu / left menu)

James Corell jcorell at e-p-c-s.com
Fri May 11 20:43:12 CEST 2007

Dear list:

I've been all over the documentation, and through more than a few examples
and how-to's, but I can't figure out how to do this. It seems like it would
be possible, but how?

I have a page tree like this:

Site Root
  Home <- contains TS, TSConfig, and is a link to "Page 1"
    Top Menu <- shortcut type to "Page 1"
      Page 1
      Page 2
      Page 3
        Page A
        Page B
          Page i
          Page ii
          Page iii
        Page C
      Page 4
    Left Menu <- shortcut type to "Page 5"
      Page 5
      Page 6
      Page 7
    Sitemap <- hidden in menu

I'd like to have the top menu look like this:
      Page 1
      Page 2
      Page 3
        Page A
        Page B
        Page C
      Page 4

and the left menu to look like this:
      Page 5
      Page 6
      Page 7

I would think I could set the startPid of the HMENU (somehow) and let TYPO3
do the rest, but entryLevel mangles my top and left menus when I switch to
pages in other trees.

Any ideas?

James Corell
EPCS, 111 W. Mitchell St. Suite E, Gaylord, MI 49735
DSL for Businesses - Websites That Work!
jcorell at e-p-c-s.com www.e-p-c-s.com
989-732-1366 (fax 989-732-0893)