[TYPO3] Indexed Search, limiting to specific categories

Thu May 10 21:05:10 CEST 2007

I have discovered a piece of the issue.

No data is being entered in the database field index_phash.freeIndexUid.

There are plenty of records in that table.  Everything that is in that
table was entered as a result of an indexing configuration, used by the
crawler extension.  The value of freeIndexUid for every record is 0.  I
manually changed one record to a 1 (using phpMyAdmin) and that record
now appears in the expected category of the search results.

So, on to my next specific question: How can I get this field to be set
properly automatically?

The only three relevant things I see in tsref are:
index_enable
index_externals (whether to index linked media - pdfs, etc.)
index_descrLgd (length of description text to store)

But that doesn't affect this issue.

any suggestions would be appreciated!
David Lanier