[TYPO3] Example with flexform

Livius Agrippa livius_agrippa at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 09:31:06 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Livius Agrippa wrote:
>> I try to create an extension which use flexform. This extension should
>> process select statements on other database than typo3-install database.
>>
>> Also I try to populate the items in the flexform with information from
>> the other database.
>> Are there more examples with itemsProcFunc functions similar with:
>> class.tx_ttnews_itemsProcFunc.php ?
>>
>> Because I don't know how to access the connection information from the
>> main class of the extension.
>
> Well, it is easy to access typo3's database with $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB'].
> As to another database - it is only you, who know it...

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your answer. What I wanted to say was the fact how can I
reuse some information from the main class of the extension.
I want to hove some general fields for the extension where the user can
insert connection information. I can process this information in my main
class as:
$this->params =
unserialize($TYPO3_CONF_VARS["EXT"]["extConf"]["my_extension"]);

How can I use the same information in
class.my_extension_itemsProcFunc.php ? Or much better, how can I use the
same connection?

Or I should make a new connection in that class because it is not
possible to communicate with the main class of the extension?

I hope that this time I explained my problem better.

Best regards,
Livius