[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Safari

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon May 7 17:06:53 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick,

> Hi there,
>
> In the meanwhile I convinced my client to install Firefox for Mac and it
> works...
> The crazy thing though... When I checked on a colleagues' Mac it worked
> in Safari... (both were Mac OSX)! May it is a configuration question?
>
> HTH,
>
> Patrick

Thanks much for the followup on the issue.  Yes, some of our web editors
have FF installed on their Mac and RTE works fine in FF.  But
unfortunately it's hard for all of them to install FF due to political
reasons.  What kind of configurations might prevent RTE from working in
Safari?  Are they Mac OS config, Safari config or something else?  I don't
even have any clues where to start looking.  It's good know it worked for
you.  On this mailing list, some other people also confirmed they were not
able to get RTE work in Safari too.  In my case,

Typo3 4.0.6
rtehtmlarea 1.3.9
Mac OS X 10.4.9
Safari 2.0.4