[TYPO3] Adding marker to tt_news

Brian Bendtsen nightowl at galnet.dk
Mon May 7 11:44:01 CEST 2007

Hi

I have added a new marker to my tt_news HTML template and would like to
have it replaced with some content from a language file.

I can edit the class.tx_ttnews.php and make the marker replacement but
then it will get deleted if I update the tt_news plugin.

So I looked in the tsref for a typoscript solution and found this example:

page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10 {
   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/test.tmpl
   subparts {
     HELLO = TEXT
     HELLO.value = This is the replaced subpart-code
   }
   marks {
     Testmark = TEXT
     Testmark.value = This is replacing a simple marker in the HTML-code
   }
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT
}

Is this the right approach, I have tried to edit it and inserted it in
my TS template but the marker is not replaced.

Another problem is that I refer to the HTML template on several pages
thus the template.file becomes different values, like
uploads/tx_tnews/tt_news_normal_02.html etc.

Any good ideas?

/Brian Bendtsen