[TYPO3] Intro to workspaces

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 4 19:23:48 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 04.05.2007 18:11:

>> Talks at t3dd07 showed that there is a strong demand for simple
>> documentation about workspaces. So I started preparing some slides.
>> Here you can get the first set, named "Introduction to TYPO3 workspaces":
>>
>> http://typo3bloke.net/fileadmin/presentations/workspaces/Workspaces.pdf
>>
>> It is really the very first draft and it serves as overview only, to
>> get you familiar with workspaces. I plan to make at least two more
>> (for admins and developers). Comments are very welcome.

> Really nice introduction to WS (what are they good for, how do they work).
>
> What I was hoping for how the internals work: what column in the tables
> hold what values and how are they processed in TCEmain (and other places?).

I think we should define the user-base that is going to read that
document and split up the information depending on the need. This very
nice presentation draft from Dmitry in my eyes is directed to:

- Administrators and User

We should have another one for:

- Extension developers

And maybe there even need to be one for:

- Core developers

And the "internals" should only be explained only in the core developers
document, as they are of no interest for admins, users or extension
developers.

Cheers,
Ernesto