[TYPO3] one loginname for both backend and frontend restricted access?

dave typo typothree at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:49:47 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to have a single login box so that a user can type in his
login name and have the option to go into the backend, or, to stay in
the frontend and access some restricted content.

Now I've looked into the extension repository and found the
FEUser-BELogin (dkd_feuser_belogin) extension which claims that it
'Shows a new "CMS LogIn" button to frontend users to switch to editing
mode (BE-login) if they are allowed to.'

However, this does not allow a link to the backend, which is what I
thought it would do.

It gives me a form submission button with a "CMS Login" value. Upon
clicking this, the extension shows a link that allows me to logout.

So, the extension allows a backend edit feature, but no ability to go
into the actual backend.

I don't know why it's not working, but I figure I haven't configured
my backend user correctly, or it was never intended to provide a
backend link (there is no manual online). I figure if it was never
intended to provide a backend link, that I might be able to hack it to
get it to work.

However, I just need to be pushed in the right direction.

So,

-does the extension FEUser-BELogin (dkd_feuser_belogin) enable a
single login, or should I look elsewhere?

-could I hack it?
I was looking at some of the php code, and basically i just need a
link to the backend to appear once the user has logged in.

-should I make an extension using the extension kickstarter?

let me know in your opinion, what the best direction would be to take.

thank you,

sincerely,

-dave