[TYPO3] gifbuilder in style

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:31:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/3/07, Stano Paška <stano.paska at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Can be GIFBUILDER used in style parameter?
> Something like this:
>
> <h1 style="background-image: url(::here goes url from
> gifbuilder::)"><span>::textual title hidden with css:::</span></h1>
>
> From all examples:
> xxx = IMAGE
> xxx .file = GIFBUILDER
> xxx.file {
> }
>
> I understand that output from gifbuilder object is only src parameter
> for img tag (and file in typo3temp/GB of course).

Yes, but you should use the IMG_RESOURCE cObject [1]. Notice that in
TYPO3 4.1.x, you have access to the properties of the image as well:

"The array $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->lastImgResourceInfo is set with the
info-array of the resulting image resource (if any) and contains
width, height and so on."

If you're interested in the use of GIFBUILDER objects in CSS, you
might like to check out my extension bh_firtools [2]  (though I should
note that it does not use TS as described above to get the
IMG_RESOURCE properties, as it was written before these were
available...the update is on the to-do list...)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/8/7/