[TYPO3] mailformplus: suppressing ###error_<fieldname>### addition to ###ERROR###

Zachary Denison zacharydenison at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:37:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am working with mailformplus and I am wondering... Is there any way
with mailformplus to have a custom error message, such as "Please
complete the required fields" all by itself, and then have custom
###error_<fieldname>### messages elsewhere in the page?

The problem I am having is that I am setting all my
###error_<fieldname>### to be an image with a red arrow which I
position next to the required field, so that if the user leaves it
blank it comes up with the red arrow pointing to the empty box.  The
problem is that ###ERROR### not only contains the message defined in
ERROR_START but also contains all the ###error_<fieldname>### messages
in addition.  So what I end up getting is "Please fill in the required
fields" followed by several img tags containing exactly as many red
arrows as there are unfilled-out required fields.

Is there a way to suppress the addition of all the
###error_<fieldname>### to the ###ERROR### message, and have them only
show up where I explicitly put them, and have the ###ERROR### message
only contain the text of my choosing and nothing else?

Thank you very much.

Zachary