[TYPO3] localization problems - Romanian language

Gabi Verzea gabi_verzea at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 09:08:34 CEST 2007

Hello guys,

I am trying to create two languages for a small website and I have problems creating the Romanian version. I create the language, I create the Alternative Page Language and I start creating content for the Romanian Language.

However, when I switch from English to Romanian, nothing but the Menu changes - the content elements are listed for both languages, no matter the language they are linked to.

I am using templavoila and for the language selector I have tried two solutions ,they both act the same:
1. sr_language_menu
2. created my own extension with the following main function:

function main($content,$conf)   {
      $this->conf=$conf;
      $this->pi_setPiVarDefaults();
      $this->pi_loadLL();

      $content = '';
      if (!t3lib_div::_GP('L')) {
         $content .= $this->pi_linkTP("Engleza", array('L'=>1),1);
      } else {
         $content .= $this->pi_linkTP("Romanian", array('L'=>0),1);
      }
      $content .= '';

      return $content;
   }

I think I am missing only a small detail since typo3 seems to understand something from what I am trying to do: when I go to Web->Page(old one, not templavoila one) and I choose, for example Columns and then the Romanian Language, I get only the Romanian elements and when I choose the Default language I get only the English ones.

I will list a part of my template regarding the languages, maybe there's a problem here:

################## Languages Setup ##################
config.linkVars = L , type
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = ro
config.locale_all = ro_RO

[globalVar = GP:L =0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = ro
config.locale_all = ro_RO
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L =1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = en
config.locale_all = english
[global]

So, can this be a problem with linking to the Templavoila with my languages?

Thank you for your time to read this and I will appreciate any kind of response.

Gabi Verzea.