[TYPO3] database or web server?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue May 1 01:20:01 CEST 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Nagita Karunaratne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Considering that all content is DB bound, would you consider a TYPO3
> server more of a database server or a web server?

It's both not... it's not a server, it's more a service that uses a
server (database server and a web server),
although I realize that this can be really gray in a discussion...

TYPO3 is also more a content management that uses a webserver and DB
server to generate
content.
When it comes to TYPO3's CMS qualities then it hangs a bit in the
middle of web-content and
'other' content (like PDF, WORD documents etc.)

> In your opinion, what RAID level is the best for a TYPO3 server?

If you talk about RAID configurations then it depends on the money
you have,
minimal I would say use RAID1 with one hot-space or raid5 with one
hot spare.

Ries