[TYPO3] Accessibility: Typo3 vs other CMS

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 30 20:21:48 CEST 2007

> This is what I meant when I said that people don't really seem to
> grasp that making web apps accessible need not be extravagantly
> difficult. The basic strategy is to use javascript to /enhance/ what
> your widget does. In the case of something like the page tree--and, I
> would argue, the entire BE--this means:
>
> 1. Make it work without JS first
> 2. Add JS to improve the user experience
> 3. Provide User TSconfig options so that it's configurable on a per
> group or user basis

Exactly!

The other major thing is to make heavy use of style sheets and relative
font sizes, so that users can easily adapt the BE for their specific
needs (even if it means just going control + in firefox twice with out
it breaking the layout).

Things also need to have relevant alt tags on images so that a
non-sighted user can still make use of them in a text, and as
Christopher says we need to get rid of tables except for tabular data.