[TYPO3] Accessibility: Typo3 vs other CMS

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Mar 30 19:11:52 CEST 2007

Just to add my 2 cents....

Since I am not disabled.... I always have a hard time to find
out if what I create is accessible or not...

i can imagine core developers have the same problem.
We have been talking about a ajax based pagetree for a long time,
and now it apparently it's not accessible (is it'). For
'us' spare time developers it's hard to make two interfaces.
One flashy/ajax based interface that looks cool and is web2,
and a accessible interface.

I often compare websites with cars...

if I am going to buy a normal car, it will cost me let's say $20.000,
now if I want to have an accessible car.. it will cost me around $40.000.

If I go to any car manufacturer and ask them to make some car
accessible, but for free they will say, yeaa right... go shop somewhere
else, a accessible car is more expensive boy!!!! Can I go to the
manufacturer,
point to the law of accessible and let it make for free? I guess not...

What I am trying to say is that clients often wants much more, and
preferred for free..
from the screen you can't 'see' software, but I think it's a huge amount
more work to make some accessible, which does cost a lot of extra time
to develop....

Are there any big companies that want to spend for a accessable BE???

just my 2 cents....

PS: I do agree what you all say...