[TYPO3] htmlArea RTE and old-school html tags

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Fri Mar 30 18:41:11 CEST 2007

Hello Erik and Benjamin,

Op Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:15:31 +0000, schreef Erik Svendsen:

> Hello Frank,
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I use htmlArea RTE in our website and it's working fine. But for our
>> newsletter (using DirectMail for this) we don't want to use CSS, since
>> email clients like gmail etc cut the css styles and leave our
>> newsletter a
>> bit 'deformed'.
>> I've made a newsletter template which is table-based and with only
>> inline
>> html tags.
>> Remaining problem is that when I put an image in my bodytext and for
>> example align it right, the RTE puts a float tag instead of an align
>> tag.
>> Does anyone know how to change this? Does anyone have experience with
>> producing a html newsletter via RTE, while leaving possibilities for
>> using hyperlinks, bold, images,... AND so that my users don't have to
>> dive
>> into html code?
>> Thanx!
>>
>> Frank Sonck
>>

> Turn of css_styled_content for the pages where the newsletter is made, and
> configure htmlArea with tags and buttons to use with old school html.
>
> WBR,
> Erik Svendsen
> www.linnearad.no

Thank you for your suggestions! Could you give details on how you would do
this Erik? In the documentation (htmlArea) I didn't find anything
regarding the 'align' tag. Probably Benjamin is right about it being
deprecated and thus not used in Typo3. But the thing is that a floated
image is not rendered correctly in for example gmail and Evolution.
I couldn't test it in Outlook 2007 but since that client has stepped down
its html possibilities I fear it could give problems also.

Kind regards,
Frank Sonck