[TYPO3] RealURL, multilingual sites and pageNotFound_handling

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 30 13:55:18 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a site running RealURL and defined in several languages. I
have the following config for handling languages:

		'preVars' => array(

			// No cache
			array(
				'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
				'valueMap' => array(
					'no_cache' => 1,
				),
				'noMatch' => 'bypass',
				'_DEFAULT' => array(
					'type' => 'notfound'
				),
	   		),

			// Language
			array(
				'GETvar' => 'L',
				'valueMap' => array(
					'fr' => '0',
					'en' => '1',
					'de' => '2',
				),
				'valueDefault' => 'fr',
			),
		),

and it works fine as long as the first (or second in case of no
cache) segment of the URL matches a language code. If I have such a
page, apparently because no segment matched any of the languages (the
same happens with http://www.mydomain.com/no_cache/dhjdfshjsdf). Is
there a way to throw a 404 in that case (and thus get it handled by
whatever is in $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['pageNotFound_handling'])? if
the rest of the URL is valid (e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/news)
could it get redirected to page http://www.mydomain.com/fr/news/?

A second issue (but related I think) is that no error is thrown about
a page not found when in the default language. For example:

http://www.mydomain.com/fr/dhjdfshjsdf

does not get redirected to the error page, but goes to the home page.

On the contrary,

http://www.mydomain.com/de/dhjdfshjsdf

goes to the German error page.

Thanks in advance for any advice.