[TYPO3] developing extension for font-size changes

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 30 06:59:23 CEST 2007

>> I need to have buttons on my site for increasing/decreasing font-size.
>> There is an extension "dynamicfontsize" for this purpose, but it
>> is javascript-based and does not support inc/dec buttons
>> (only supports buttons small/normal/large).

So use the normal js method detailed here (or something similar):

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/alternate/

Then use a get variable and just pass that through if they don't have
js. Set a constant in the typoscript

[globalVar = GP:fontsize=larger]
[global]

with this condition you could then do all sorts of thing from setting a
class in the body tag (which then adjust the font size via 1 css file)
to serving a different set of css files.

All you need to then do is append all links in your page with this
variable if the variable is present, and it will carry through then on.

just my £0.02 :-)
hth