[TYPO3] Typo3 'Hide in menu' bug/feature?

Tom Bond TomB at tekotago.ac.nz
Fri Mar 30 01:33:22 CEST 2007

Hi all

We are currently having a problem with the 'hide in menu' option for pages in Typo3.

We have a number of pages which we don't want to be shown in the menu, but can be linked to from other pages.  If it's of any relevance - these hidden pages all have php includes in them.

However we're getting an error when these pages are linked to - "Reason: Segment "programme-details" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected!" where "programme-details" is the name of the page being linked to (we are using the realURL extension).

These pages DO work, if we unhide them, view them, and then hide them again, but only until the Typo3 cache is cleared, and then the error appears (so what we assume is happening is that if the page isn't in the cache, it can't find it) - this process is really annoying!

Is anyone aware of any fixes for this problem, or able to advise us if we're doing something wrong?

Many thanks!

Tom Bond