[TYPO3] Special chars in XML/locallang files

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 29 23:28:50 CEST 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:25:43 +0200, Thomas Rune Korsgaard wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] Special chars in XML/locallang files":

> Hello list
>
> Im using the Indexed Search Engine on a danish site. Ive tried to
> change pi/locallang.xml file in order to to have danish where it is
> wanted in the template. The problems is that danish chars like æøå are
> not accepted in the XML file. When ever a the labels should be printed
> in the webpage and there is an æøå char in the text, then a ? is shown
> instead. I've tryed different encodings in the XML file, but none is
> accepted, but still the æøås are shown as ?. Can anybody help on this?

just as andreas told:
* you can't insert non-ascii-characters into default-section.
* you have to use an editor which is capable of UTF-8
  + you can edit the file in the BE, but you have to use UTF-8 encoding!!
    (with Firefox you can change the encoding)
  + use an editor with utf-8 support for files on the web-server . I use
PSPad with the ability to acces files via FTP directly

Bernd
--
http://www.bernd-wilke.net