[TYPO3] htmlArea RTE and old-school html tags

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Thu Mar 29 18:05:04 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I use htmlArea RTE in our website and it's working fine. But for our
newsletter (using DirectMail for this) we don't want to use CSS, since
email clients like gmail etc cut the css styles and leave our newsletter a
bit 'deformed'.
I've made a newsletter template which is table-based and with only inline
html tags.
Remaining problem is that when I put an image in my bodytext and for
example align it right, the RTE puts a float tag instead of an align tag.

Does anyone know how to change this? Does anyone have experience with
producing a html newsletter via RTE, while leaving possibilities for
using hyperlinks, bold, images,... AND so that my users don't have to dive
into html code?

Thanx!

Frank Sonck