[TYPO3] Accessibility: Typo3 vs other CMS

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:34:54 CEST 2007

Hi!

Claudio wrote:
> I have been a (quite happy) user of Typo3 for some years.
> I happened to read an article about choosing an accessible CMS, which
> compares several CMS, including Typo3, about accessibility features:
>
> http://juicystudio.com/article/choosing-an-accessible-cms.php
>
> According to it, Typo3 accessibility is quite bad in comparison with
> other CMS. What do you think about it? I know that a great job is being
> done about improving the user interface: maybe Typo3 should/could be
> improved a lot for a better accessibility?

You may want to talk to Robert Markula about accessibility. I remember
he knows a lot about it and he has many nice ideas.

I read that review and it is typical review from people who had only a
short glance to typo3, did not understand it and therefore did not like
it. I agree that typo3 is not very accessible but it does its work very
well. There are attempts to improve it. Contact Robert M. for more
information. And look in HCI list, there was something about it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs