[TYPO3] web links with yellow background and red borders

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 28 20:02:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've seen such kind of web links occasionally.  At most just one or two
links were bad like that.   I've never been able to figure out the cause.
I'm not able to replicate.  I saw on the typo3 mailing lists that other
people run into similar issue.

Yesterday, one web editor modified a staff directory created using the
'Insert Table' function of the rtehtmlarea editor.  The directory has
name, email, phone and office columns.  The name column lists all the
names with each one pointing to the individual's personal web page.

Tools->Log shows the following modifications (there are similar
modification s on other table rows.  Just show the one row here to save
space.) that were done by the web editor.

solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 2px solid; COLOR: black; BORDER-BOTTOM: red 2px
solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow"><link /?id=2916> /?> Burnet,

Green part:

BORDER-LEFT: red 2px solid; COLOR: black; BORDER-BOTTOM: red 2px solid;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow">

Red part:

/?id=2916>

All the names in the directory changed to yellow background with red
border.  I don't think the editor was able to know and manually add styles
for <span> for each entry.  What could trigger all the links in the table
were modified?  She later had to go through and manually correct each name
link.    Any documents on why and how web links are like that?

Thanks in advance,

Bing