[TYPO3] How do I handle two front-end groups?

PEF xx at xx.xx
Tue Mar 27 14:08:46 CEST 2007

I have an assignment, where I have to build a webpage for two front-end
user groups. There's some rules to follow:

- users must be able to access pages and content without any login
- the first group access the pages from the inside of the firewall (lan
ip) the other from the outside (wan ip)
- the first group can view all pages and content the second only
selected pages and content
- There'll be some shared news and some news for each particular group

To me the obvious way of doing this would be:
- build a two domain system, attach one domain for each - one with
(external) and one without (internal) the .dk-extension.
- replicate all the relevant information from the internal domain to the
external domain using mount points
- creating two news categories - one for each group

My question is: Is there a better or smarter way to solve this? (The
rules can't be changed)

Regards
Peter Falk